Transmission Repair in Tyler, TX
When transmission issues pop up, you want a transmission shop you can count on. At Honest-1 Auto Care, we are your local experts in detecting transmission problems, performing maintenance, and servicing all your transmission repair needs. It could be something as small as replacing transmission fluid, or you might need a new transmission installed. When you contact us, we can schedule a convenient time for our well-trained mechanics to inspect your car and give you a quote.
Best Reasons to Maintain Your Transmission
To ensure your transmission is running smoothly, there are several things you should be aware of to avoid costly problems in the future.
- Transmission fluid is needed to lubricate, cool, clean, and provide necessary hydraulic pressure for smooth operation.
- A transmission needs to operate at 175 degrees, which is normal. Any higher, and fluid life begins to deteriorate.
- Higher temps change the fluid from bright red to brown from oxidation.
- As heat destroys the lubricating qualities of the fluid, varnish begins to develop on the internal parts of the transmission, such as the valves in the valve body.
- If temps reach higher than 250 degrees, the rubber seals start to harden, leading to pressure loss from internal leaks, which can lead to clutch burnout, causing the transmission to quit.
Three Transmission Services Designed to Suit Your Needs
Regular maintenance changing your transmission fluid regularly is key to avoiding these problems. We offer three transmission services: Basic, Preferred, and Supreme. Contact us to learn more about each service.
Schedule an Appointment Today
At Honest-1 Auto Care in Tyler, TX, we feel performing one of these transmission repair services will keep your transmission fluid going strong and help stave off costly repairs or replacements in the future. To schedule an appointment, contact our friendly staff.